Given Singapore’s consistently high ranking in the “best place to do business” surveys, perhaps you have been wondering if your business should establish a foothold in this country. Why not combine some pleasure with business and plan a short vacation to this country? You will get a first-hand experience of the country, its business climate, its infrastructure, and its people. You can then make an informed decision.
Singapore is an excellent destination for a short vacation - it is a small, compact country that can be circumnavigated in less than 2 hours, but it is a place that has a lot on offer to make for an exciting vacation. The country is a melting pot of Chinese, Malay, British, Indian and other cultures with a rich diversity of food, traditions, monuments, and ethnic history. With its past as a trading post of the British Empire and its current skyline that looks firmly to the future, the country is unlike anywhere else in Southeast Asia. It’s constantly evolving, reinventing, and reimagining itself. It is this creative flux that attracts foodies, explorers, collectors, action seekers, culture shapers, and socializers to come here for fun.
To get you started, here are some resources that can help you plan a trip to the city:
- A 4-day itinerary that explores Singapore’s past and present history
- A comprehensive site for foreign visitors that offers detailed information for planning a trip
- A travel planning guide for women visitors who are traveling to Singapore alone
- A frugal journalist's travelogue about her 10-day trip to Singapore and Malaysia
- The Lonely Planet guide to Singapore that provides excellent yet affordable recommendations for housing, food, travel, and sightseeing.
When you are considering options for your summer travel this year, keep in mind that Singapore was recently ranked as the most welcoming country in the world! Here are some of the reasons for its strong popularity with visitors:
- Singapore was ranked as the “best port of entry”. With the recent opening of Changi Airport Terminal 4, its streamlined visitor processing, and a host of entertainment + food options, visitors feel at home the moment they touch down in Singapore.
- Singapore has one of the lowest levels of crime and street violence in the world, along with an honest, efficient yet polite police-force. Singapore is one of the safest countries to visit in the world.
- English is the country’s main language which is great news for most travelers.
- Singaporeans also ranked highly on the number of hosts available on home sharing websites showing their open attitude towards visitors. In addition to personal hosts, the country also offers a wide variety of hotels - from luxury resorts to artsy boutique hotels.
With an excellent airport, rich cultural heritage, vast accommodation options and an emphasis on safety, it's no surprise that Singapore is one of the world's most popular travel destinations! The city is a unique convergence of the East and West. When you visit downtown Singapore, or the sparkling boutiques and department stores on Orchard Road or Singapore’s hotels, you will be reminded of a modern European metropolis. But in the shophouses of Chinatown, the temples of Little India or the city's night markets you will experience the inscrutable East. Whether you’re a nature lover, culture buff, a thrill-seeker, or cocktail enthusiast, you will find a wide selection of leisure offerings within easy reach.
Therefore, put Singapore on the list of places you must visit, not just as a business person but as a leisure traveler. Perhaps you will like the country and will decide to incorporate your next venture here. When you do so, we are here to help.
This website is managed by CorporateServices.com. Headquartered in Singapore, CorporateServices.com empowers global entrepreneurs with information and tools necessary to discover Singapore as a destination for launching or relocating their startup venture and offers a complete range of company incorporation, immigration, accounting, tax filing, and compliance services in Singapore. The company combines a cutting-edge online platform with an experienced team of industry veterans to offer high-quality and affordable services to its customers. Contact Us if you need assistance with setting up a new Singapore company or if you would like to transfer the administration of your existing company to us.
Share this Post